Comment on page
Level and Breeding Basics
Discovering where your racehorse will race best is an ever changing process, so we’ve broken down some basics to help you navigate it.
- New foals are born with a unique combination of Distance Preference and Stability inherited from their ancestry
- Distance Preference and Stability do not change as a racehorse levels up
- Base Ability increases incrementally as you Level Up, increasing your average speed
Within each Level, a racehorse can only hold a certain amount of Base Ability, this is determined by its Distance Preference and Stability Level.
- The starting Level of a foal is only impacted by Breed Type and parent starting level
- Starting Base Ability is then assigned based on starting level and inherited Distance Preference and Stability Level
- At maximum level per racehorse, the more extreme the Distance Preference and/or the less Stability, the less Base Ability the racehorses can hold